Brampton Tennis Club House LeaguesNote: Regular Inter-County Team Players (Mixed, Ladies, and +55) are not permitted to substitute in House Leagues. The Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures are in the House League section of the Club House binder.
House League Rules
- You must be fully paid up to play on, or substitute on a House League team.
- The Captain will arrange his/her team from strongest to weakest to ensure good competition. Players are ranked in accordance with the National Tennis Rating System. New members are ranked by the Club Pro prior to placement on a team.
- A team usually consists of 4 regular players. If there are more than 4 regular players on a team, the Captain is to give equal playing time to all of them.
- If the regulars are not available for play, they must obtain their own substitutes as follows:
a) Select a substitute based upon similar gender and equivalent rating.
b) Select substitutes in the following priority:
– Subs within the House League Sub List
– Subs within the Tennis Club membership (Excluding Juniors and ICTA team players).
– Players on other House League teams who are free and willing to substitute.
- Players are not permitted to be regular members of both Mixed, Ladies, or Plus 55 Inter-County Teams and House League Teams. A regular member of a House League team can play as a substitute on a Mixed or Ladies Inter-County team a maximum of two (2) times. If he/she substitutes three (3) times on an ICTA team, he/she is excluded from further House League play. Exempt from this rule:- Ladies who are regular House League team players are allowed to be regular or substitute players on an ICTA Mixed C, Ladies C or Plus 55 Team.
- A player is responsible to inform his/her captain if unable to play and who their replacement is. If a player fails to notify the Captain in the case of absence more than once, they may be replaced on the team by a substitute who is on the waiting list and wants to be a regular member of a team.
- If team members are missing, a single player may compete against a doubles team using proportionate court boundaries. (singles to doubles)
- Each team must bring a can of good tennis balls.
- Warm Up time is limited to fifteen (15) minutes. There is a timer which rings to denote the start and end times of each shift of play. Team players arriving late do not have a warm up.
- Each session consists of two matches of forty-five minutes long, the game score being taken at the end of 45 minutes. A maximum of ten (10) points can be scored.
- At the end of the first match the point in progress will be completed. If the game is incomplete then the match score prior to that game will be used.
- Captains are responsible for recording their team scores. (Game scores plus Bonus points). Bonus Points (maximum of 10) are awarded to each team using regular team members. This is determined by two (2) points per team members and an additional two (2) for a full complement.
- Any dispute is to be addressed after the game among the two captains and the House League Chairperson.
- Rained out matches will be cancelled. If time allows, they will be re-played at the end of the schedule.
Friday Night House League
|Information, Guidelines and Rules|
|Mission Statement||The FNHL is a recreational league intended to provide a modicum of competition but with the emphasis being on a fun, friendly atmosphere. While the league attempts to accommodate all applicants it is expected that those wishing to participate are of a reasonable skill level so not to adversely affect the enjoyment of other players. If someone with inappropriate skill level signs up they may be asked if they would be better served in another program. Rules are necessary but arguments are not. We ask everyone to follow the general etiquette rules of Tennis and remember that the bottom line is friendly and fun.|
|Teams||8 Teams: each team will consist of a mixture of male and female players balanced as equally as possible from all participants. Each team will be allocated a captain.|
|Time||Friday nights 2 sessions: 7:15pm (7:30pm) and 9:00pm (9:15pm)|
Each session is allowed a 15 minute warm-up period
|Matches||Each team plays 2 separate rounds of 45 minutes each, with each round consisting of 3 matches: The captains are to ensure a "fair mix of play" (see the fine print)|
|Scoring||Points are scored for each of the 6 matches|
2 points are awarded for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss. A team can score up to a maximum of 12 points per week (2 rounds of 3 matches = 6 matches) (see the fine print)
|Substitute Players||Individual players may be asked by their captain to arrange their own sub with every effort being made to find one at their own level. (see the fine print)|
|Defaults||If a player (or sub) fails to show for a scheduled match, the matches in which that player is scheduled to play in will be defaulted. (see the fine print)|